Monday, May 24, 2004

Tires, Speedometer, Etc.

The tires were dry rotted and the original rims were rusted so I replaced them with some standard aftermarket rims and tires from Discount Tire. Nothing fancy about the tires, but after all the money spent, there wasn't much left.

I replaced the speedometer cable and speedometer gear on the transmission so I would know how fast I was going rather than simply guessing. These parts were purchased from Part Werks of Chicago.

I noticed that I had a leak from the shifter seal on the back of the transmission. Kaferhaus replaced the seal - filled the transmission - and it works very well now.

I found some great articles for the Porsche 914 on http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914tech_articles.htm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say